From the mind of Witch Hazel | Posted in brew music, brew music news, Jay Z, Kanye West | Posted on 08-02-2011
After months of promotion, Twitter talk, an Otis Redding sample and online pre-sales, it seems something is awry in the Carter/West camp. Jay-Z and Kanye West claim demand was so high they’ve had to delay the start of their “Watch The Throne” tour by more than a month and cancel some dates. The album is still slated to be released next week.
Ace Showbiz reports:
“The Throne” tour was due to start in Detroit on September 22 but now the first date is October 29 in Atlanta, GA. Some of the dates, nearly 20 of them, have been crossed out but no replacements have been announced.
Jay-Z recently has to shoot down rumors that he and Kanye are involved in a feud over the tour. The NY Post reported that they were “barely speaking to each other” because they wanted different things about the tour, with Kanye wanting a glitzy show and Jay-Z a basic performance.
To New York’s Hot 97 FM, Jay-Z said, “I kinda want to spend a gazillion dollars. They got it backwards, but it’s all good. I know that we’re doing something right now. When I woke up to all that, I was like, ‘Oh yeah, we must be really hot right now’.”
Jay admitted that there were intense moments between them but they don’t encourage them. “The people who have a problem with Kanye or myself are the people that are complacent in life. People don’t like to be pushed. It’s, like, annoying. It’s a thing when people are pushing you to be greater, and we push each other to be greater,” Jay-Z said.
These two thrive on a good controversy, but they really don’t need to. People will flock to see them even if there was no “Throne” project, which makes me wonder if there’s some truth to the “beef” rumor. Can a Witch get some tickets though?
If you were planning to catch the show. Here are the updated stops:
• 10/29 Atlanta, GA – Philips Arena
• 10/30 Greensboro, NC – Greensboro Coliseum
• 11/01 Baltimore, MD – 1st Mariner Arena
• 11/02 Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
• 11/03 Boston, MA – TD Garden
• 11/03 Washington, DC – Verizon Center
• 11/05-06 East Rutherford, NJ – Izod Center
• 11/23 Toronto, Ontario – Air Canada Center
• 11/26 Detroit, MI – Palace of Auburn Hills
• 12/01 Chicago, IL – United Center
• 12/05 Houston, TX – Toyota Center
• 12/06 Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
• 12/09 Las Vegas, NV – MGM Grand Garden Arena
• 12/10 San Jose, CA – HP Pavilion
• 12/12 Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center
• 12/18 Vancouver, British Columbia – Rogers Arena
Somewhere, R. Kelly is laughing so hard he’s pissin’ on somebody.
We love your banter on our Facebook page, lawd knows we do…but now you can drop a comment ON the blog posts using your Facebook login. Try it below, you might like it.
Want more Witches’ Brew?
Like us | Follow us | Get fed | Shop the store